Did some restructuring again and some more modifications.
Major news are that Sorlov.PowerShell.OfficeAutomation.dll now is deprecated and no-longer maintained. All Cmdlets have instead been moved into Sorlov.PowerShell.Core.dll as it nolonger have any external dependencies.
You now have two routes availiable if you are working with Word/Excel files with the library:
Using Automation (requires Word/Excel but have more features): Out-Word, Out-Excel, Import-ExcelWorkbook, ConvertFrom-Word, ConvertFrom-Excel
Not using Automation (does not require Word/excel but not as feature complete): Out-OWord, Out-OExcel, Import-OExcelWorkbook
If you try to invoke automation commands where no automation is availiable you will get a error.
To help with making code that works as seamless as possible two automatic aliases have been introduced to help you automatically bind to best version: ConvertTo-Excel and ConvertTo-Word which on startup selects best version. The aliases are only loaded if you are using the state-saving Engine (default when using the full kit).
* Removed NetOffice late binding library, reduced size very, very much and better performance
* Supports Office XP or newer whilst having the pre v220.127.116.11 library size
* BETA: Import-ExcelWorkbook: Imports all worksheets from a given excel file (experimental at best!)
Another updated version have been released.
The size of OfficeAutomation is very big now, increase by almost 6000k, but have a experimental version on only 200k so update will follow soon.
Also lots of update to Core. There is one known annoyance right now. When you create a SelfHostedPS file it stays locked by PowerShell untill close, the reason and fix is known and will be updated very shortly.
Sorlov.PowerShell.Core – v18.104.22.168
* New-SelfHostedPS: Generates correct code even if in .net 2.0
* New-SelfHostedPS: Hides the console completely when -HideConsole is specified (no flickering console)
* New-SelfHostedPS: Support for embeddable modules even for services
* New-SelfHostedPS: Built-in support for signing files (Authenticode)
* New-SelfHostedPS: Returns information for generated file
* Some commands removed due to duplicate functionallity in PSv3 (or earlier)
– Get-DNSData (Resolve-DnsName)
– Get-InternetFile (Invoke-WebRequest)
– Get-SMTPServer (Resolve-DnsName)
* Major internal cleanup in code
* Get-LatestVersion now supports -ReleaseNotes to retrieve the release notes
* Fixed issue when persisting paths with spaces in them
Sorlov.PowerShell.OfficeAutomation – v22.214.171.124
* Removed dependencies on Office 2013 (now uses late binding via NetOffice instead)
* Supports Office 2003 or newer but at large increase in size (reduction in progress)
* Major internal restructuring